1. Collection of personal data during informational use
(1) During merely informational use of the website, in other words when you do not log in, register, or otherwise transmit information to us for use of the website, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of data transmitted by your browser to enable you to visit the website. These data are:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Difference in time zones in regard to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- The amount of data sent in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
For reasons of security, the server log files will be retained for a maximum period of three days and erased afterwards. Such retention serves, for ex., to solve cases of abuse. If any data must be retained for evidence purposes, it will not be erased before the incident has been finally resolved.
(2) In addition, cookies will be saved on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the web browser that you use, and through which certain information flows to the location setting the cookie (in this case, to us). A cookie typically contains the name of the domain from which the cookie originates, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, generally a randomly generated unique number. Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective overall.
- Transient cookies (temporary use), see a in this regard
- Persistent cookies (for limited-time use), see b in this regard
(a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes session cookies in particular. These cookies store what is known as a “session ID”, which allow various queries by your browser to be assigned to the shared session. These allow your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
(b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending upon the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time using your browser's security settings.
2. Collection of personal data during personalized use
(1) In addition to purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested in doing so. For this, you must generally provide additional personal data, which we use to provide the respective service. If additional voluntary information can be provided, such information is marked accordingly. We collect, process, and use only the personal data required for your registration and use of the platform, or which you upload to the platform yourself. This involves in particular the following basic data and usage data, which are required for you to conclude a contract for the use of the platform and so that we can make the platform available to you according to the contract:
- Name (consisting of form of address, first name, last name)
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
(2) We use basic data and usage data in order to establish with you the contractual basis for use of the platform, to design, change, or terminate its contents, to fulfill our contractual obligations, for user login on the platform, and to contact you if requested by you or if required or permitted by law within the scope of the contractual relationship. Your contact information, such as company name, contact person, email address, telephone number, and information uploaded to the platform by the user, will also be displayed to third persons whom you enable to access the platform.
With the exception of the data collected by the third-party vendors named below, personal data will be stored and processed within the European Union.
Basic data is deleted two years after the ending of the contractual relationship at the end of the calendar year, unless longer storage is required and permitted by law.
Your user profile on the platform, together with the data and information you have uploaded to the platform, will be deleted no later than two weeks after the ending of the contractual relationship.
3. Rights of Affected Persons
The user and other affected persons are entitled to the following rights with respect to their personal data:
- Right to information
- Right to correction
- Right to deletion
- as of 25 May 2018: Right to restriction of processing
- as of 25 May 2018: Right to data transferability
4. Service Provider/ Responsible Office / Contact Data / Objection / Revocation of Consent
The service provider pursuant to sec. 13 of the Telemedia Act (TMG) and responsible office pursuant to sec. 3 (7) BDSG and responsible person pursuant to Article 4 no. 7 DSGVO is:
Casculate GmbH, Europaallee 10, 67657 Kaiserslautern, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
All requests for information, correction, and deletion, objections or revocations of consent, assertion of the right to restriction of processing or the right to data transferability, as well as comments or questions from the user relating to data protection must be sent to this address in writing.
5. Update of this Data Protection NoticeThe content of this Data Protection Notice must be adapted from time to time. We therefore reserve the right to amend it at any time. We will send the amended version of the Data Protection Notice in advance to registered users and will publish it in the same location as the present Data Protection Notice.